Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A new class

On April 10 Lynn and I began teaching an English language class to a group of Franciscan friars here in Cochabamba.  The number of friars attending will be between 10 and 13.  The class meets on Tuesday afternoon and Friday night.  All of the friars had some English instruction during high school, and one of them has recently taken English classes at a local language academy. I understand that if they wish to study a language they are encouraged to learn Spanish, English, and French (I need to verify that). Besides being a friendly bunch of guys, they're interested in learning, and I'll try to maintain that. At the end of the first class I asked them to pose for this photo so I could begin associating names with faces:


The Franciscan convent where the class takes place dates from the 16th century and was renovated in the 1980s.

No comments:

Post a Comment