Monday, September 5, 2011

Anticipating Expanding a Few More Moments . . .

Proponent of shock therapy, Dr. Ewen Cameron. The
extrapolation of his methods and the economic theories of
Milton Friedman are the subject of Michael Winterbottom's
film critique of neoliberal economic policy implemented in
Latin America and other countries. The film is adapted from
Naomi Klein's book The Doctrine of Shock.
I thought I'd have more time to write this morning before going with Lynn to clean up at Pastoral Juvenil after Friday night's installment (Madeinusa, see it if you haven't) in the Filmanía film series we're assisting with. So, when I return I'll write about that and some other topics: the film based on Naomi Klein's 2007 book The Doctrine of Shock, the 100-year anniversary celebration of the Maryknoll Order, the arrival of asphalt in this one of three Barrio Magisterios, and how we spent our second Dia del Peatón here in Cochabamba! (I can't wait either!)

No comments:

Post a Comment